Longstanding in traditional Chinese culture, oranges are exchanged during Lunar New Year as a blessing of good luck and fortune to the other party. This coffee capsule recipe is inspired by the festivity and takes on a citrusy twist, making it the perfect Instagram-worthy thirst quencher for when you’re hosting guests this CNY!
Yield: 1 serving | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 BB coffee capsule of your preferred choice
- Approximately 5-6 ice cubes (This drink is best served chilled!)
- 30 ml tonic water
- 1 fresh orange wedge (to juice)
- 1 fresh orange slice (to garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice and sparkling tonic water.
- Place a glass under the Nespresso machine.
- Extract 1 BB coffee capsule.
- Pour ristretto shot over tonic water.
- Juice the orange wedge and pour it over the extracted coffee.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh orange
- Stir well before drinking and enjoy!
Have a prosperous and Happy Lunar New Year everyone!