The French Press is a coffee brewing device patented by Italian designer, Attilio Calimani in 1929. It is a full-immersion brewing device with a metal mesh filter, and is perfect for people who like their coffee with a heavier body and bolder mouth feel.
What you will need:
- French Press Brewer (3 cups serving portion)
- Goose neck kettle/Kettle
- Wooden spoon
- Ground coffee (18 grams, Coarse Grind - #9 on Ditting Grinder )
Hot water (290ml, 90 degrees Celsius)How to brew:
- Warm up French Press brewer by pouring hot water into it.
- Discard hot water and pour 18 grams of coarse coffee grounds into the brewer.
- Pour 40 grams of hot water into the coffee grounds and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Then add another 250 grams of water.
- After 4 minutes, stir gently 3 times, plunge and serve.
- Make sure your cup is warmed up before pouring coffee in.
- Once brewing is completed, pour into serving cup immediately to avoid over extraction.